Sorry, this is not an airsoft event. Please leave your airsoft guns at home.
Saturday, April 16, 2022
Saturday, April 16, 2022
08:00 Parking lot opens09:00 Attendees move to MAC for registration & work assignments15:00 Work ends; Debriefing at MAC
Required ItemsAdmission eTicket acquired in advanceClothes that you don't mind getting dirtyPortable hydration (at least 16 fluid ounces)Signed 2020 Waiver unless you already gave oneWork gloves (free loaners available from Omego)
Field RulesAge minimum = 12 yearsOnly use tools that you brought from home or have used safely in the past.
- Battery-powered tools such as drills, impact drivers, and reciprocating saws
- Brush cutters
- Chainsaws if you're an experienced operator
- Boots with good ankle support
- Bug spray such as DEET for skin and permethrin for clothing
- Driving directions/map to Harris Farm Field at 271 Buzzell Road, Dayton, Maine as shown HERE
- First aid supplies
- Pads for elbows and knees
- Personal emergency medical supplies such as inhalers or epinephrine
- Printed field map linked HERE
- Safety glasses
- Sun blocker
FactionsYour faction will be finalized on build day based on your preferences, your tools, and our faction size goals. If you like, you may switch factions throughout the day as long as you have the appropriate tools and/or skill level:
Required tools: chainsaws & eye protection, brush cutters, loppers, pruners, reciprocating saws, and/or shovels
- Get some Movers to assist you in moving the logs that you saw into place so that you can focus exclusively on operating your chainsaw, but make sure they're safely far enough away while you're sawing.
- Saw 2-foot-wide logs to create foot paths parallel to the Main Trail along the flooded areas between 1st & 2nd Entrances all the way to Pallet Base.
- Cut & remove all brush/weeds from between Jackal's Hold and the MAC fence.
- Cut & remove all brush/weeds from within the fenced-in MAC complex.
- Cut & remove all brush/weeds from along the Grenze borders.
- Cut & remove more brush/weeds from between the Grenze borders.
- Cut & remove more brush/weeds along a new trail from South Bridge to Echo Base via SGC as specified by MJP.
Required tools: tarps provided by Omego and rakes that you brought with you
- If any Hesco bastions are present, fill them first with the leaves that you rake. Use the tarps to lift the leaves up into the Hescos.
- Remove all leaves from within the MAC building walls and fenced-in complex.
- Remove all leaves from Tents area.
- Remove all leaves from the gully that is between School and Castle.
- Remove all leaves from Gully Base.
- Remove all leaves from Prison.
Required tools: gloves provided by Omego if you don't have any of your own
- Assist the Cutters by moving sawed logs and brush to create new foot bridges and fortifications.
- Assist the Rakers by using their tarps to move leaves into the Hescos and other leaf piles when the Hescos become full.
- Assist Omego in moving the tree sections at Prison to open up the access trail and to build a new fortification there.
- Assist the Cutters by spreading their cut logs out on the side of the main trail where the pontoon foot bridges are located between 1st & 2nd Entrances all the way to Pallet Base.
- Assist MJP and the Cutters to move brush/weeds off of their newly cut trail from South Bridge to Echo Base via SGC.
- Assist Omego in carrying the items from Ben's garage attic down to the Sugar House.
- Assist Omego to move the Pallet-Entrance log out enough so that a vehicle could fit through.
Dress CodePlease wear old clothing that's okay to get dirty and torn. You may need shed-able layers as temperatures change throughout the day.
SituationIt's been a long winter! Here's your chance to get back out to Harris Field and see your friends before the airsoft season starts. If you're motivated to work hard without pay as a volunteer laborer who makes things happen at the field, then we welcome you to join us!
AppreciationIf you stay for a while and work hard without getting hurt, Omego will give you an electronic credit to attend your choice of any one of our 2022 public airsoft events that take place on June 4 or thereafter; however, events like Clawhammer 4 by StagOps are excluded from this credit because they are produced by an outside organization.
Our Commitment to YouThe field managers and event producers will follow through with this operation regardless of the weather. We are fully committed to delivering everything that we advertise and greatly respect the sacrifices that you make in order to attend our ops. Your opinions and improvement ideas are valuable to us, so please share them.