Sorry, this is not an airsoft event. Please leave your airsoft guns at home.
Saturday, April 10, 2021
Saturday, April 10, 2021
08:00 Parking lot opens09:00 Attendees begin reporting to MAC for ticket scanning & work assignments15:00 Work ends; Debriefing at MAC
- Battery-powered tools such as drills, impact drivers, and reciprocating saws
- Brush cutters
- Chainsaws if you're an experienced operator
- Boots with good ankle support
- Bug spray such as DEET for skin and permethrin for clothing
- Driving directions/map to Harris Farm Field at 271 Buzzell Road, Dayton, Maine as shown HERE
- First aid supplies
- Pads for elbows and knees
- Personal emergency medical supplies such as inhalers or epinephrine
- Printed field map linked HERE
- Safety glasses
- Sun blocker
- Two-way radio with a fully charged battery
FactionsYour faction will be finalized on build day based on your preferences, your tools, and our faction size goals. If you like, you may switch factions throughout the day as long as you have the appropriate tools and/or skill level:
Required tools: brush cutters, loppers, pruners, rakes, reciprocating saws, shovels, or no tools at all
- Remove all brush and leaves from between Jackal's Hold and the MAC fence.
- Remove the small trees from the southern corner of the MAC complex.
- Remove all weeds and leaves from within the MAC complex.
- Fill in the wet holes on the white-tent side of the MAC building with dirt and leaves.
- Remove all leaves from Tents.
- Remove all leaves from the gully that is between School and Castle.
- Remove all leaves from Gully Base.
- Remove all leaves from Prison.
- Fill sandbags at MAC with leaves to stack into walls within the complex.
- Spread the cut branches out on the wet side of the main trail where the pontoon foot bridges are located between 1st Entrance and Harris Bridge (close to Harris Bridge).
- Assist Omego in carrying the items from Ben's garage attic down to the Sugar House.
Required tools: drills, impact drivers, and sledgehammers
- Finish raising the walls and fences of Prison and the nearby 8x8' structure that's located between Prison and Wolves' Den.
- Expand and secure the walls of Tents.
- Raise the tarp walls of Pallet Base if the Log Cutters haven't yet built log walls there.
Required tools: chainsaws & eye protection
- Get some Brush Movers to assist you in moving the logs that you saw into place so that you can focus exclusively on operating your chainsaw, but make sure they're safely far enough away while you're sawing.
- Saw long logs to place down in the wet areas of the Main Trail that curves around the northwest side of the field from near Bravo Base to near Gully Base so that there's enough solid material to drive an SUV on it.
- Replace the tarp walls at Pallet Base with stacked log walls.
- Replace the tarp walls at Swamp Base with stacked log walls.
- Build a 2-foot-wide log foot path parallel to the Main Trail along the flooded areas between Harris Bridge and Pallet Base.
- Build a 2-foot-wide log foot path parallel to the Main Trail along the flooded areas between 1st Entrance and Harris Bridge.
Radio CommunicationIf you have a two-way radio, keep it set on your faction’s radio channel. You may monitor the other factions' channels, but do not transmit on them. VOX mode, hot mic-ing, and channel jamming are all prohibited. Please familiarize yourself with your radio and program in its channels before arriving at the field.
Dress CodePlease wear old clothing that's okay to get dirty and torn. You may need shed-able layers as temperatures change throughout the day.
SituationIt's been a long winter! Here's your chance to get back out to Harris Field and see your friends before the airsoft season starts. If you're motivated to work hard without pay as a volunteer laborer who makes things happen at the field, then we welcome you to join us!
AppreciationIf you stay for a while and work hard without getting hurt, Omego will give you an electronic credit to attend your choice of any one of our 2021 public airsoft events that take place on May 22 or thereafter; however, events like Clawhammer 3 by StagOps are excluded from this credit because they are produced by an outside organization.
Our Commitment to YouThe field managers and event producers will follow through with this operation regardless of the weather. We are fully committed to delivering everything that we advertise and greatly respect the sacrifices that you make in order to attend our ops. Your opinions and improvement ideas are valuable to us, so please share them.